This is important. At least for me.
Spock “The Galileo Seven”
I’m sure I’m not the first to make the connection, but this just occurred to me. Was Gary Seven a Time Lord??? I mean he had a sonic and a companion and traveled around changing events to protect Earth’s future. Also he had an alien cat, I’ve always thought Doctor Who should have an alien cat.
Favorite OT3 moments 1/ ∞
The producers of Star Trek (2009) have stated - including on the audio commentary - that many of the events of the alternate reality could have taken place in the original timeline. Some possible events include:
- a rebellious youth in Iowa
- disciplinary actions for cheating on the Kobayashi Maru
- meeting Spock for the first time because he cheated on his test
James T. Kirk page on Memory-Alpha
Further proof that the writers of New Trek know nothing about James T. Kirk.
- Jim was on Tarsus when he was thirteen years old and came back to Earth when he was seventeen and then went straight to the Academy. Yes, I can totally see how he had time to be a ‘rebellious youth’.
- He got a commendation for ‘original thinking’ from Kobayashi Maru.
- Spock had no part in Kobayashi Maru. He was not in the command-track, so he didn’t take the test and also had no part on programming it. As he says in The Wrath of Khan: "I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?”
In conclusion: Reboot producers should do their fucking research.
May I add a small point?
- the ‘rebellious youth’ driving off a cliff couldn’t have happened,
because Kirk had never driven a car before visiting Sigma Iotia Two!
SPOCK: "Captain, you are an excellent starship commander, but as a taxi driver you leave much to be desired."
I’m watching Star Trek and some guy makes a racist comment and Kirk’s all like “Leave your bigotry in your room, there’s no room for it on my deck” and I love it. He doesn’t need to educate this guy, he doesn’t need to say hey we’re not that different, he just says… knock it off.
Lt. Stiles was a dick.